To book any of our tours we take 30% of the total amount as a deposit, which could be paid by credit cards as Master Card or Visa, PayPal account or Bank Transference.
The remaining part would be paid at the end of the tours.
- Any cancellation must be initiated by e-mail contacting us at email@example.com, and will be also acknowledged by Basque Guides via e-mail. Cancellation notifications by phone will not be accepted.
- Weather conditions: Tours are carried rain or shine. Bad weather is not a valid reason to cancel a tour.
- Tour Guide changes: No refund will be given if a client decides to cancel a tour due to a guide change.
- Circumstances beyond our control: Basque Guides is not liable for reduced/cancelled itineraries due to circumstances beyond our control such as flight delays, ships unable to dock for whatever reason or unscheduled closures of tourist sites. Therefore, adequate insurance is strongly advised.
- Special cases: Other major force cancellations might be discussed to reach an agreement. A verification of the reason why the tour was cancelled will be requested.
- Cancellations more than 30 days before the tour date: 15€/cancelled service will be kept as cancellation fee, plus any applicable exclusions detailed below.
- Cancellations less than 30 days before the tour: A 25% of the total cost of the cancelled services will be kept as cancellation fee, plus any applicable exclusions detailed below.
- Cancellations less than 15 days before the tour: If the tour is cancelled less than 15 days before the tour starts or the client doesn’t show, no refund will be given.
- No-shows. If the client hasn’t shown up nor made contact with us via the tour guide telephone provided in the booking form within 30 minutes after the booked starting tour time, we’d consider it a no-show and no refund will be given. Clients booking an airport pick-up tour must contact us ASAP if their airplane is delayed or cancelled (detailed instructions are provided upon booking – failure to contact us to announce a delay will result in no-show declaration).
- Cancellation of part of the total booked services: When several services have been booked and the client needs to cancel only part of them, the above policies will be applied only to the cancelled services part. If the cancellation takes places less than 15 days before the service date, no refund will be given.
- Refunds will be sent back to your credit card (if you paid online) unless otherwise agreed with the client. The client will take care of any costs/commissions required for the refund transfer.
- No refund will apply when service has already been provided, either fully or partially.
The above stated refundable amounts don’t include: any non-recoverable upfront costs incurred by BASQUE GUIDES on your behalf (either broken down in the tour descriptions such as (but not limited to) entrance fees, or other agreed with the client before booking), Fave Guide Upgrade (if booked), refund transfer costs, premium payment plan fees.
CANCELATIONS BY BASQUE GUIDES
In the unlikely event that Basque Guides had to cancel a tour, we’ll always first try to agree to another timeframe that works for the client.
If we couldn’t agree on another time for the tour or we couldn’t provide a substitute, the deposit will be refunded within 10 working days.